Thursday, August 22, 2013

Candy Corn and Popcorn

I've been addicted to caramel candy corn lately. It's just utter fabulousness. I cannot get enough of these little suckers!

I'm seriously going to have to visit the dentist after all of the sugary abuse that I'm putting my teeth through ;) Today, I had a hankering for something salty and then right after, I started thinking about my beloved caramel candy corn again.... which of course got the wheels in my noggin turning. "What if, I threw a hand full of candy corn into a steaming hot bag of popcorn???" That seemed like an easy idea, but I had soft, oozey texture in mind for the candy corn so, I then wondered; "Can one MELT candy corn?" I mean, why not, it's sugar right? Maybe a little bit of wax??? Is that just my own conspiracy theory? That's when I when to my favorite search engine and typed in 'melted candy corn' and guess what kind of recipes popped up?!? Melted candy corn over popcorn! BINGO!!!! Here's a recipe that I found appealing:

Candy Corn Popcorn Balls


Popcorn balls made with candy corn. I've never made popcorn balls before, so I had no idea that it was basically like a rice krispy treat, except that popcorn substitutes the crispies.

In turn, that got me thinking even MORE and that's when I started wondering about creating candy corn rice krispie treats!!!! I couldn't find a recipe that actually utilized melted candy corn to make rice krispie treats, but I'm figuring that I could use the same method that the blogger did for the popcorn balls, basically, melt the marshmallows and candy corn together and then pour over the krispies... sounds legit?

I'll let you know how this turns out...sounds like a Frankenstein project if I've ever heard of one! Hope my treats don't have an irrational fear of fire... hmmmmm ;) I have a lot of treat making to try out over the next two months! Let me know if any of you have tried either of these before and I'll try to document my trials and tribulations =)

I can't wait to sink my fangs into some popped/krispie candy corn goodness!


2 comments:

  1. Makes my head light from the sugar rush just thinking about !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, huh Mark?!? lol
    I'm so obsessed with this right now! :)I feel a sugar rush comin' on!

    ReplyDelete