Monday, November 12, 2012

2012 Regrets...

Sometimes things just don't go as planned for our beloved holiday.  This year was particularly tricky, for some odd reason.  Projects didn't go smoothly and a lot of older props needed repair.

The biggest regret that I have of 2012 is not completing this guy:




I had started sketching him at the end of the 2011 season, started sculpting in February, worked on wings through the summer.  But the frame for the body proved to be a challenge and the scale of the wings didn't work with the head so the project had to be scrapped at the last minute.


I hope to get him done for 2013, although the wind has been taken out of my sails, seeing that another haunter has done a strikingly similar project.    I hope this is just a case of great minds thinking alike.



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing it completed Heidi! Shouldn't be a regret though, I think sometimes props take longer learning the ways you can't build it or don't it to look as much as building it. My tomb and corpse turned out that way this year. It was not the look I wanted and I never did get it to function properly so it ended up a static prop this year but.... next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Mark. I shouldn't regret it. I just wish that I had been able to get completed. I went through that with Jack and he turned out amazing the following year, so maybe with a step back and a fresh mind, the reaper will be better for it in 2013.
    There's always next year, right? ;)
    Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete