Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sketch

I worked on the Reaper last night. I think that I have his skull complete, as far as sculpting goes. I may need to sand it down a little, to smooth out some rough areas, but other than that, I think I need to "cash out" so that I don't over think it.

Now I'm contemplating the wings. I'm doing a lot of research online to figure out the best construction method. I'm thinking foam and I'm thinking that I'll need to do the wings in sections to make them look real. I'm still very undecided on how to make the feathers for there are a few different avenues to take, but I think that by the weekend, I'll have a better idea of what direction to head in.

Sunday will be another fabrication day, so hopefully that will be the day that I can start on the wings :)

Until then and until I get a picture of the skull, here's a pic of my latest sketch. The wings will be shaped different and I might actually be able to get a real scythe, so the positioning of his arms may change and the hourglass may end up somewhere else... that's all yet to be seen ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment