Saturday, October 15, 2011

Retroween Delivers!

If you remember the days of paper Halloween decorations, before yard inflatables and ground breakers ever existed, then you might be interested in checking out the merchandise at www.retroween.com.

I received my order about a week ago, and I could not have been happier with my purchase!  My husband was amazed by my glowing reaction to these paper things, amid the stock pile of high tech Halloween effects that have invaded our house this year.  

There is just something about these Halloween decorations from my childhood that really drives that Halloween feeling home :)  I guess it brings back memories of my dad pulling them from the mysterious depths of our attic, the way that the boxes smelled as I unpacked them, my mom helping me tape them around the house, the fun nights with my brother of holding the glow-in-the-dark ghosts up to a light, then running around the house with them in total darkness... the good ol' days :)

He's a few kinda blurry shots of my treasures.  Now, go order your own!!! ;)









7 comments:

  1. OMG - talk about blasts from the past! I remember having those as a kid, too!

    Thanks for finding them & posting.....now not to go crazy on that site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool! I remember most of these at home and even in grade school. Good feelings from Halloweens past...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the door skelly. I share your love for paper decs. Somewhere in my parents basement is a treaure trove of vintage paper Halloween decorations. Your large pumpkin reminds me of a cardboard one we had as kids. It's teeth looked exactly like Chiclets which just happened to be my favorite Halloween treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me a total nostalgia trip here.

    I have my pop's paper decoration collection, and it includes of few of these.

    I particularly like the full sized skeleton. When I was growing up, I'd tape them up in the big picture window in our living room, assembling a sort of danse macabre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you all have enjoyed these decorations as much as I'm enjoying them :) They really are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I had some many of those when I was a kid. The ghost with the candle was in my room for years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love these cutouts and had no idea that there was as site that was still selling them. That is very cool. I have a lot of the original issues of these that I've picked up over the years.

    ReplyDelete