Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If I Could Turn Back Time...

or, A Funny Thing Happened to the Halloween Countdown Stone....

Yesterday morning, at the twilightish hour of 6AM, I went outside to change the numbers on the countdown stone.  When I reached down to grab the 8, I realized that instead of "28" the stone was displaying 82 days left till Halloween.

Now, I am innocent in this matter, because my husband changed it the day before. I confronted him about it yesterday, laughing that he must have changed the numbers with his eyes closed.  Well, he denied doing it wrong and I just figured that he didn't want to admit it, until yesterday afternoon when I pulled into the driveway and to my surprise, the stone was now displaying 72 days till Halloween. 

Apparently, we have a comedian in our neighborhood ;)  Oh, if only they knew how helpful it would be if turning back time were that easy!!!

I'm having a great laugh about this one!  A little Halloweenish prank on us!  That's what Halloween is all about.  I'm glad that someone in the neighborhood has gotten into the spirit of the holiday :) Plus, I like to imagine that it's some mischievous little spirit, that snickers as he/she is pulling the old switch-a-roo on us=)



Now I'm inspired to formulate some fun neighborhood mischief of my own.  I'm aware of the tradition of "Booing" people, so I may take that route, but if I can come up with something else, that would be fun too. 

Which makes me wonder, do any of you have unique Halloween prank traditions in your neck of the woods?  Do you take part in these light hearted little acts of Halloween fun?

Happy Haunting!!!


2 comments:

  1. How funny! I'm glad you have a sense of humor about this. :)

    No personal stories about neighborhood tricks are coming to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me about "booing" people... Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete